Exploring Sancerre Rosé Pascal Jolivet from the Loire Valley

The Jolivet Family-Father Louis and son Lucien- entered the world of wine in 1926 with the establishment of a wine merchant company, but it wasn’t until 1986 that a close friend persuaded Pascal (the Great Grandson of Louis) to set up his own wine brand under his own name. In 1987 he created the “Pascal Jolivet” brand, and to facilitate this he buillt a brand new winery in 1990. 

In 1993 Pascal acquired his cousin's vineyard of six hectares which is located in the greatest terroirs of Bué en Sancerre and so Domaine Pascal Jolivet was born. 

Today the estate covers 120 hectares between Sancerre and Pouilly Fumé. These hectares produce 80% of the whole domain with the remaining 20% being sourced from faithful growers loyal to Pascal Jolivet since the 1980’s. 

Pascal practices a biodynamic winemaking which views the fam as a cohesive, interconnected living system. These practices extend from the vineyard to the careful handling of the fruit post-harvest in the winery

Notes on Sancerre Rosé Pascal Jolivet

The wine is produced from 100% Pinot Noir grapes grown on chalky-clay soil. Once harvested vinification begins with light must settling followed by juice fermentation with indigenous yeasts; next maturation on lees is fundamental for the concentration and complexity of the wine. The process is extremely natural and the slow fermentations nourish and sustainably stabilise the wines using very low levels of sulphur.

The salmon pink rosé is light and dry. On the nose there are notes of roses and white flowers, followed by red fruits, citrus and crushed stone on the palate. The resultant wine is fruity, charming and chic. It pairs well with veal, chicken and seafood.